- Work with clean and dry hands. Don’t wear any jewellery.
- Use a suitable support.
- Open the books in the middle first. Never use force to open a book if it doesn’t open automatically.
- Flatten protruding pages by means of a lead string.
- Always take the top right corner to turn a page. Support the page you turn with your flat hand.
- Use acid free paper strips.
- Don’t put anything on the books. Don’t stack the books too high.
- Only use soft graphite pencils; no fountain pens, ball pens or any other writing material with ink.
Pillows and supporters, lead strings, pencils, paper and acid free paper strips are available at the reading room desk.