Members of the Heritage Library can reserve a seat in our reading room until Friday, 10th of September. For membership and reservations please check the details below. From Thursday, 9th of September onwards, you can reserve a seat for the next three weeks.
ATTENTION! From Wednesday 16th of June, until Tuesday 14th of September, the reading room will only be open from Monday to Friday, 9h-13h & 13h30-17h (summer schedule).
Monday: 09.00 – 13.00 hrs & 13.30 - 18.00 hrs
Tuesday: 09.00 – 13.00 hrs & 13.30 - 18.00 hrs
Wednesday: 09.00 – 13.00 hrs & 13.30 - 17.00 hrs & 17.00 - 20.00 hrs. Would you like to continue working in the reading room after 17.00 hours? Then don't forget to book an evening shift!
Thursday: 09.00 – 13.00 hrs & 13.30 - 18.00 hrs
Friday: 09.00 – 13.00 hrs & 13.30 - 17.00 hrs
Saturday: 09.00 – 13.00 hrs
The reading room closes between 1 pm and 1.30 pm
Reserve your seat
- Not yet a member of our library? Request your FREE MEMBERSHIP first!
- The number of workplaces to consult our collection is limited to 18 seats + 3 microfilm seats. That is why we ask you to reserve your seat in advance by filling out this FORM, or by calling our staff in the reading room on +32 3 338 87 10.
- We provide 5 computers to surf the internet. You can book a computer by phone at the same number, or on the spot at the reception desk.
- We provide 8 extra study seats in the downstairs canteen. Consultation of works from our collection is not possible here.
You can make a reservation for a morning and/or afternoon and/or Wednesday evening. It is also possible to make reservations for several days a week. A reservation can be cancelled by telephone. A reservation expires if you do not show up 45 minutes after the start of a shift.
Request your books in advance
In order to organise a visit to the reading room as efficiently as possible, we ask you to reserve the books, journals or newspapers you wish to consult online in advance via the catalogue. Requests can be made on the spot, but keep in mind that delivery times are longer than usual and you will have to wait longer.
ATTENTION! By reserving works via the catalogue, you have not automatically booked a seat in our reading room. Please book your seat separately by filling out this FORM. Works you have reserved via the catalogue will remain available for two weeks in your name at the reading room desk.
Scanning and photocopying
You cannot use the photocopiers and scanners yourself. However, we do provide one reading room employee who will make scans or photocopies for you.
Face masks and other safety measures
To guarantee the health of yourself, the other reading room users and our staff, it is compulsory to bring and wear a nose and mouth cover.
In addition to wearing (your own) mouth mask, we also provide various other measures that are applied both in front of and behind the scenes:
- Keeping a distance from each other is and remains the norm, even when visiting the reading room. We provide clearly visible signs and pictograms to guide you.
- Disinfectant gels are provided, both for staff and visitors.
- All used tables and chairs in the reading room are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected in the morning and between the morning and afternoon shifts. The same happens to the toilets.
- Book materials used by other readers are only put back in the storage rooms or on the shelf in the reading room after an embargo of 24 hours. Afterwards, you can consult them again.
- The covered bicycle shed cannot be used.
- Stay at home if you feel ill.
- You can also ask for information via our digital service (see below).
We emphasize that we will continue to help you from a distance. We will keep scanning articles or chapters for you free of charge and e-mail them to you. So if you have a good idea of what information you are looking for, you do not need to come to the library. As far as possible, we will also help you with other information questions. Send us your questions or scan requests by e-mail.
Do you have any other questions? Don't hesitate to contact us by e-mail or on +32 3 338 87 10.