During the guided tour 'Treasures of the Nottebohm Room' for individual visitors, you will take a historical trip, accompanied by an experienced guide, from the early seventeenth century to the present day. During this 90-minute tour, visitors are introduced to the Heritage Library and the eye-catchers in its collection, and to the history of the building and Hendrik Conscienceplein. The 'Baroque Brotherhoods' exhibition in the Nottebohm Room will be on display from April 22 to September 10, 2023.
The Nottebohm Room has served as a showroom since 1936 and is only exceptionally open to the general public. In the hall, the Heritage Library keeps a large part of its book collection. But did you know that the seventeenth-century building in which the Nottebohm Room is located was originally used as a meeting and prayer room for religious brotherhoods? And that the interior was then decorated with beautiful baroque paintings by Rubens and Van Dyck? During the guided tour you will learn even more about this magical hall.
- This guided tour is available in Dutch, English and French.
- Every weekday, between 10 am and 5 pm.
- A guided tour takes about 1,5 hours. Our guide will be waiting for you 15 minutes beforehand at the Hendrik Conscience Heritage Library desk, Hendrik Conscienceplein 4, 2000 Antwerp.
- For groups of up to 20 people.
- Price: 115 euro (administration fee included)
Contact Experience Antwerp:
+32 3 205 56 05